Not sure if it’s because it’s getting really cold here in Czech (seriously, it’s at least minus 10 everyday, can’t wait for the Thailand weather), but I crave spicy foods all the time now. I sprinkle chillies on every possible thing these days. And I could just swim in Sriracha. So to satisfy my wild appetites I made an extra big batch of my Avocado Jalapeno Dip. It has a nice spicy kick, yet pairs perfectly with many of my favorite dishes.
Do not look for any revolutionary invention here, it’s simply an easy piquant dip which would make a great company to your favored chips as a snack, but also can be used as a salad dressing or a side dish to your breakfast or main course.
- Place the avocado with olive oil into a blender (I don't use extra virgin olive oil for dips or mayo, because it has very strong taste). Add the mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blend.
- Once the mixture is smooth, you can taste it and add any additional salt or other ingredients.
- Pour the dip to a bowl and mix in the diced jalapenos and spring onion.
- If your blender leaves the mixture a bit separated (like mine does, you can see on the first picture) you can whip it up with a whisk. But don't worry, it tastes great either way.
- Garnish the dip with your prefered toppings (extra jalapenos, fresh cilantro etc.) and enjoy.