Are you looking for a change in your breakfast routine? Are you sometimes a little envious of people having toast with cheese as a snack, because you can’t eat dairy? Or simply need something quick to eat when the hunger strikes? Try this Cashew Cream Cheese (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan). Have it with sweet potato toast. Yes. They are both a thing. And much tastier than you might think. Perfect pantry staples for those days when you just can’t be bothered to cook a big meal or need something quick to grab.
- 1 cup cashews
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Pinch of salt, pepper and chilli powder (optional)
- Soak the cashews in water for 1 hour.
- Then drain the water and place the cashews in a blender.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the cheese to a glass jar and store in the fridge up to 7 days.
For the toast:
- Slice a big sweet potato into about 5mm thick slices.
- Place the slices on a lined baking tray and place the tray into preheated oven on 160 °C. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and let them cool down before topping with the cashew cheese. You can also add some avocado, seeds or fresh tomato, lettuce etc.
- Do you need any other ideas how to use the Cashew Cream Cheese? Try the Loaded Sweet Potato Fries, it's a bomb.