get link This recipe always takes me straight to my childhood. Because I just loved all the types of spreads and remoulades as a kid. Especially the ones with mayonnaise. Czech people would actually spread almost anything over their slice of bread. My husband still can’t believe how many different spreads, remoulades, relishes, pates etc. we have. But some of them can include quite some nasties, especially when store bought. Luckily that’s not the case with this homemade Celeriac Remoulade. I don’t have to remove it out of my diet even as a food conscious adult. Because it needs only few whole ingredients, actually making for a very healthy treat. Combine it with my Grain Free Pumpernickel Bread and light meal can be served in matter of minutes.
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and grated (if you plan to have the remoulade as a side dish, I would recommend grating it more coarsely, but if you would like to spread it on bread like me, use the fine grater)
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
- 6 tbsp homemade mayonnaise (for even better taste you can use the Homemade Smoked Garlic Mayonnaise)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1,5 tsp French Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of grounded coriander and cumin
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Transfer the remoulade in a cortainer or glass jar (I prefer glass because it doesn't "soak" the flavours from food) and put it to the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, so the flavours have time to combine and develop.
- Serve as a salad with your roast meats or even as a spread on your favourite pastry.
T3 - Total 60s optios S.r.l. Via Giuseppe Pianigiani 71 - 00149 Roma (RM) P. Iva : 12816071000 Categoria: Commercio