Have you tried Chicken Larb, the traditional Thai chicken salad yet? If not, you definitely should. Because it’s an embodiment of freshness in a dish. It will awaken your senses with it’s tangy, yet savoury taste, leaving your lips pleasantly tingly from the chilli and your belly nicely full. Close your eyes and transfer yourself to the busy street stalls of Thailand.
It’s been nearly two weeks since my last post. But it just feels like there is so much happening around me right now. However, I will always find time to cook healthy meals for me and my husband. It’s a priority for me to make sure that most of the times we are supporting our good health with proper food. And I also find cooking very relaxing. As well as writing about it. So two flies with one blow – here is a recipe for easy week dinner when the time is inexorable. The Chicken Larb (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb) takes only minutes to make, but if combined with a good vegetable side it’s a delightful nutritious light dish. It honestly takes more time to write the recipe than to cook it 😉
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 tbsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 fresh or dried chopped chillies (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1,5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ red onion, diced
- Handful coriander, chopped
- 10 mint leaves, chopped
- Place a deep frying pan over high heat. Pour in the oil and let it heat up.
- Add the lemongrass, ginger, chilli and garlic and stir for 1 minute. Then add the chicken and sautee everything while stirring occasionally, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked (approx 8 minutes).
- Transfer the chicken into a bowl, add the fish sauce, lime juice, onion, coriander and mint and mix everything together.
- You can also add ½ diced tomato for even more freshness.
- Serve for example in lettuce leaf cups or with Cauliflower Rice.